Friday, January 3, 2014

I made it...

Hola everyone,

Wow.  I´m the outskirts of my mission.....again.......but I do have a nice beach about 5 minutes from my house this time(:

After a long, long day yesterday we´re finally here and alive in Nagua.  We waited a long time in Santiago for the bus to take the missionaries to a city called San Francisco.  From San Fran we had to take another bus to Nagua, which was another hour and half ride across the countryside.  Finally, around 6:30 we reached Nagua and headed to our house.  There are currently 2 other elders living in our house, so it was nice that they came to find us.  However, the house is really, really small and we can´t figure out house 4 missionaries can all live in the house.  So need less to say it should be really interesting to see how this plays out.  

As most of the family knows, I´m here in Nagua opening an area and training a new missionary.  My new trainee is named Elder Gothard from Goodyear, Arizona.  He´s 18 years old and is really excited to be a missionary.  He´s really laid back, so he hasn´t been really stressed out like I was at the beginning of my mission and he seems to be doing really well!  I´ve only been with him for about 24 hours now, so I don´t know too much about him, but I look forward to training him and working hard out here in Nagua.

Well, here I am.  I just entered my last two transfers of my mission.  I´m in a really neat area (with the beach down the road, haha), I have a nice companion, and I´m really excited to work hard here in Nagua.  It should be a great last 3 months, and I hope to see lots of good things happen here in Nagua.  It´s been an adventure getting here, so I´m excited to see the crazy adventures Heavenly Father has planned for us here.

Have a great week everyone!  Happy New Year!

Love,
Elder Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment