Sunday, December 22, 2013

Merry Christmas...

Hola everyone!

Well, this past week has been full of lots of changes.  I'm currently writing this email from the city of La Vega in my mission.  There's about 26 missionaries in La Vega, and 6 missionaries in the ward I'm in right now, so it's been fun.  Elder Farnsworth is a great guy and we're really having a good time.  He loves technology, movies, ice cream, and sleeping; so what else could I ask for in a temporary companion, haha.  I've enjoyed being a regular missionary again and doing the missionary things like teaching, walking, and sweating all day in the hot sun; it's really been a great couple of days.  However, I constantly receive calls from the mission office asking for help or questions on clarifying how things are suppose to go.  So, I guess you could say I've left the office, but the office hasn't left me, haha.

Did I tell you guys I'm a famous singer in the Dominican Republic now?  Well, not really, but I guess I'm going to be on TV here.  I arrived last Wednesday night to this area and Elder Farnsworth told me that the branch was preparing a charity event/choir recital for the public.  That sounded fun, so I decided to jump on board and participate.  Well, as it turns out it was a public charity event and a news company is funding it to play on TV all next week.  That means that I'll be on TV as a choir member in this 2 hour Christmas special of "Voces de Navidad."  It was taped last night and people said that the choir and orchestra did a good job, so I guess we'll find out when we see it next week.  All of us laugh a little bit though because it was a choir full of Dominicans with 3 Americans in the center of the choir singing; we stuck out like a sore thumb!  However, it was a fun experience and I was happy I participated.

So, mission life is growing great!  I'm happy I'm back out into the field and I'm able to teach more people now.  Being a missionary is great and I'm grateful that I decided to serve a mission.  It hasn't always been easy, but I'm grateful for the support, strength, and love I receive from Heavenly Father and all my family and friends.  I know that God lives.  He loves us and wants us to be happy!  If we do our part, I testify that God will always do his.  I hope that we can all remember that; and not just in the hard times of life.  I know that Christ lives and he's our savior.  I love this time of year when we can celebrate Christmas and realize what is important in life.  I'm so excited I can skype my family next Wednesday and celebrate Christmas with them.  En el nombre de Jesucristo, Amen.

Have a great week everyone and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Love,
Elder Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment