Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Adios Enero...

Hola everyone!

Wow.  I can't believe we're already one month into 2014.  It's weird to think that in 4 weeks I'll be 21.  We're all getting so old.  But, things are going great and I'm loving my time here in Nagua.

Things are continuing to progress in Nagua and I'm starting to see a slow, small progress with the members.  We've received some invitations to "Noche de Hogares", members have volunteered to leave with us, and some less-actives are starting to come to church again.  It's a very far away from where we could be, but all the same its a step in the right direction.  We still don't have very many new people to teach, but the people we're teaching are doing great!  Juan is loving what he's learning and is always ready, waiting, and excited for our lessons.  It always makes my day when we have a lesson with him.  He gets what we're teaching, and he feels that its true.  I hope he continues and can get baptized at the end of February.  That'd be an awesome Birthday present.  I'm very grateful that we were lead to him and have the opportunity to teach him.

Well, Nagua is great and it's probably turning into one of my favorite areas in my mission.  It's a hard area, but it's been really fun with Elder Gothard and the other missionaries.  It doesn't have a lot of "luxuries" that Santiago has, but it's a nice little, beach town.  It's alot harder and more humid then my other areas, but there always seems to be a nice breeze in the afternoon and late evening.  So overall, it's been a great couple of weeks.

Thanks for all the support everyone has given me.  I love reading how things are going and what happening with the family.  Thanks for everything!  I know that I'm busy doing a marvelous work and I know that God blesses us when we do as he commands.  This church is true; and the work is moving forward.  I know that I'm a missionary of our Heavenly Father and I'm grateful that I can share this message with the people of the Dominican Republic.  En el nombre de Jesucristo, Amen.

Have a great week!  Que vaya con Dios a todos!

Con mucho amor,
Elder Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment