Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Hola from Paradise...

Hola everyone!

Wow, I can't believe that it's already Wednesday again.  I honestly don't feel like I've been here a whole week.  Time seems to be flying!

So things in Nagua are going great!  I'm starting to get down the area, so we're not getting lost all the time anymore.  It's funny that I some how always seem to run into the beach when I get "lost", haha.  The beach in my area really isn't even that pretty, but I just like seeing all the waves and the beauty of the ocean.  It's a pretty cool site to see.  The house here is a little small, but we're all having a good time trying to make it work.  Our food is scattered all over the place until we get cupboards and our refrigerator broke last weekend, so we've been using the neighbors to keep the important stuff cold.  Did I ever tell you guys how much I like cold water?  It's a pity when it's gone.  But, all the same things are going well at home.  I feel like I'm all settled in for the most part.  After all, it's going to be my home for the next 3 months.

Well, the area is an interesting place.  We have a little chapel that currently is plenty big for this ward.  The average attendance is about 75-80, so it definitely has room for improvement.  The leaders are a little scattered from each other and don't really believe there's a "unity" in this ward. But if everyone is thinking that, of course there's not going to be any unity.  So, we're working hard to help the leaders band together and get excited about missionary work.  They all talk about the growth this area can have, now we're just trying to help them realize it can happen if they all join together and work alittle bit.  So, there's hope of seeing a lot of progress during my time here, but this ward (especially the members) is going to need to step up and do what needs to be done.

I'm still trying to get to know the investigators and get to know more members to get myself established here in Nagua.  We have a couple investigators, but this next week will be alot of trial and error trying to get more help from the members.  President Douglas is really pushing working with members and less-actives to get the work of the lord rolling.  The days of tracting and contacting are over and missionaries just can't have success unless they are working hard with the members.  It's important to reach out to those who just need a friend in the gospel to help them find their way.  I've been reading alot in the bible lately, and the savior constantly teaches his disciples the need to share the gospel with others.  He invites all to come unto him, and it's up to his followers to share that wonderful message!  I hope that all of us can reach out and help all people, whether they'd be members or non-members to "come unto Christ and be perfected in him."  I know that Christ lives.  He's our savior and redeemer and he wants us all to be happy.  This church is true and we are lead by God's chosen prophet here on this earth.  En el nombre de Jesucristo, Amen.

Have a great week everyone!  Que vaya con Dios.  Adios!

Con mucho amor,
Elder Russell Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment