Thursday, January 23, 2014

Happy Thursday...

Hola everyone!

Sorry I didn't write home yesterday, but I couldn't.  The power left around 1:30 here and didn't come back until a little after 6pm, so I wasn't able to come and use Internet.  But, here  I am; alive and well.

This past week has honestly just blurred by.  I can't believe we're already back to Thursday again.  My companion and I really tried to focus on finding some new people to teach over the past couple of days.  We've walked around alot and tried to meet with lots of members to get referrals.  We haven't had a ton of success with that, but we did have a really neat finding experience late last week.  My companion and I were trying to follow the spirit and end up where we needed to be.  So after walking around for a while we ran into a guy named Juan.  He was standing in front of his house right by the beach so I just started asking questions about the beach, cruise ships, tourism, and stuff.  We talked for a while and then he asked us if we were "Mormones."  I told him that we were and he agreed to let us stop by and visit with him a couple of days later.  Well, when we passed by for the visit he was outside waiting for us and happily invited us in.  We began talking about bible, prophets, and then we ended up on the Book of Mormon.  HE JUST LOVED IT!  He kept saying, "this makes sense.  God would have had more prophets and scriptures then just the bible."  It was a really cool experience finding him and having him just get it and see the connection with all of it.  He's really excited to come to church and he's been reading alot of the Book of Mormon, so it's been really neat meeting and teaching Juan.  We are hoping to set a baptismal date with him soon and help him continue gaining his own testimony.  It was a really great experience running into this guy.  I feel like God has prepared him for this gospel.

Well, everything is going great!  The area is coming together and we're continuing to find more people to teach.  The members are progressing starting to leave with us more.  The bishop is working alot with less-actives; and the people are just ready to learn.  I'm so very grateful that I'm able to finish up my mission here in Nagua and see the progress of the area.  I love being a missionary and my companion and I are having a great time trying to help build up the kingdom in this little town.  I know that God loves us.  This work is rolling onward and I'm grateful to be a part of it.  God has called a prophet and he is leading the church today.  I know that Christ lives and he's our savior.  The gospel is true and if we live it, God with give us all that he has in store for us.  I know that to be true.  En el nombre de Jesucristo, Amen.

Have an excellent week everyone!!  Que vaya con Dios.

Love,
Elder Jensen
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment