Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Hola Everyone...

Hola everyone!

Holy Cow!  I can't believe that another week has already gone by.  It's weird to think that we're already have way through January.  Pretty soon we'll be entering into February and then moving along to march before that; where's all the time going?  But, it sounds like everyone had a great week except poor Charcoal; I feel bad for the poor dog.  Losing your manhood has got to be a blow to the ego.  Oh well, at least everyone else seems to be doing well!

So, this past week has been interesting.  We've done a lot of walking and not a ton of teaching.  President Douglas is stressing working only with members and referrals, which I think is a great idea.  However, that all depends on the attitude of the members and the members here need some motivation or something because they aren't getting the whole "Hastening the work" or "every member a missionary" yet.  The four of us that are assigned to the ward are doing our best to help them realize their roles as members of the church, but we're inching along you could say.  More members have started to commit to leave with us, and we've started some different weekly activities, and the bishop is really excited about the work; so I'm confident that we'll see some good changes soon!  I think the members just need to see that the missionaries are excited about the work and ready to do their part to build the kingdom and then they'll see that we're serious when we tell them that we need their help.  But, we're moving along and the work does too!

So Nagua is turning out to be a nice little place.  I like the beach, the people, and the small town feel.  It's better then when I was in Fantino because it's bigger, there's always power, and tourists pass through here, so the buses are big greyhounds (which are quite comfortable).  Right now there is 10 missionaries in Nagua.  8 elders and 2 sisters.  6 Americans 4 Latinos.  And I'm the district leader for all of us.  We all kind of feel like we're off in our own little world away from everyone.  Haha, it's actually a very funny feeling...

So, we're continuing to find people to teach and I hope that we start seeing some people progress to baptism soon.  I really want to finish up my mission strong and see alot of progress in the area and leave knowing that I helped the lord build up his kingdom in Nagua.  I grateful for the opportunity I have to be a missionary in the lord's work.  I know the church is true and that I'm doing a marvelous work.  God lives.  He loves us and wants us to be happy.  I'm grateful that I can share that message with his children everyday.  Being a missionary isn't always easy, but I feel it's very fulfilling experience to serve heavenly father's children.  En el nombre de Jesucristo, Amen.

Have a great week everyone!  Que vaya bien.

Love,
Elder Jensen

 

No comments:

Post a Comment