Saturday, September 28, 2013

Road trip...

Hola Everyone!!

So, this past week has been a fairly regular week.  I've helped my companion with moving missionaries, I've serviced some cars, did the weekly mail run, and tried to get all the mission materials organized.  However, Thursday was a pretty fun day!  We went on a Santo Domingo Road Trip!!  The mission has 2 new missionary couples coming in the next couple of weeks, so I had to go down to Santo Domingo and pick up 2 new trucks from the Area Offices.  It was fun to see the country and the "big city" again.  We didn't have time to visit the temple, but we did go inside and sit down for a little bit.  Then, on the way home we stopped at KrispyCreme Donuts and had a very delicious "full america" donut dinner.  Overall, really fun trip the the country's capitol.  Other then that little burst of excitement this week has been a regular, uneventful week.

So the couple I mentioned last week is doing great!  Yesterday afternoon, they went to the civil offices and got married legally.  So, Carolina's baptism is still on track for October 12th.  They seem really happy, and the deep sorrow of losing their kids is being lost in the joy of gospel and the knowledge of Eternal Families.  This couple is really doing well!  Hopefully, they continue like this for the rest of their lives.  It'll be a great experience to see this couple one day be reunited with their children.

Well, as of yesterday I have 6 more months until my mission ends.  As I've thought of the past 18 months, I've realized the amazing experience I've had.  I have see things, done things, and learned things in these short 18 months that I never would have imagined possible.  I've witnessed the hand of God, I've seen the mighty change of heart, and I've grown to have a deeper gratitude for the Atonement of Jesus Christ.  It's a weird thought to see how fast 18 months has gone by, and I look forward to seeing what Heavenly Father has in store for me during my final 6 months.  Serving a mission has been an amazing experience and I'm grateful that I'm a missionary!  I love this work and I love what I'm doing!  Being bold and sharing my testimony of this gospel is the best way to build my faith in God's promises and show him I love him.  I know God lives and he loves each one of us.  This church is true and President Monson is God's prophet on the earth today!  I testify of these things, en el nombre de Jesucristo, Amen.

Have a great week everyone!  And good luck with everything!!

Con mucho amor,
Elder Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment