Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Weekly email...

Hola everyone!

Sorry I didn't write yesterday, but I guess with conference, transfers, and missionary work I just didn't find the time.  But, I'm glad that I have the opportunity to write today in between conference sessions.

So, I wish that I had a ton to write about this week, but I regret to say I really don't.  It's the week before transfers, so we've been really busy with things.  You might say that's exciting, but honestly it's been the same thing everyday.  We've rented and prepared 4 houses for missionaries, I've visited the cellphone company for more cellphones for these new areas, and I put together and sent all the mail to all the zones.  It doesn't seem like a whole lot, but some how all of our time seems to slip out the window.

I didn't realize how complicated the transfer process is until I was assigned to the office.  Everyone person has assignments that must be done in order for everything happen smoothly.  We have to prepare for the new missionaries, send off the old ones, and make sure the ones in the middle are happy and get to where they need to go.  Transfer day isn't until this Wednesday, but we've been really busy already getting things ready for the past week and a half.  It's sure a big deal and lot's of planning to do transfers for an entire mission.  I just can't even imagine how the Missionary Department feels with 80,000 missionaries to work with.

Conference Weekend!!  I can't believe this is my last Conference in the mission.  Seeing conference as a missionary has really changed my view on the importance of conference.  Before the mission I was like, "so it's conference...that means no church and sleeping on the couch."  I definitely took the significance of conference, living in Utah, and watching it at home for granted.  Here in the DR I've learned what conference is, I'm really far from Utah, and I have to go to the nearest stake center to watch it.  It's a big eye opener to see how blessed I am to have been raised with parents who watched conference, and the opportunity to attend it in Salt Lake too.  I hope we can all realize how blessed we are to have this blessing and to hear our prophet's voice every six months.  It's a great spiritual boost to help us in these hard times.  Conference can definitely change our lives, but only if we let it.  I know this church is true and there are living prophets, seers, and revelators on the world today.  En el nombre de Jesucristo, Amen.

Have a great week everyone and remember to live what we learned at Conference!

Love,
Elder Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment