Sunday, December 22, 2013

3 Weeks left in 2013...

Hola Everyone!

It sounds like everyone is doing great!  I'm excited to know that things are going well and that everyone seems to be happy.  Christmas is approaching quickly and I'm excited to talk with the family and celebrate Christ's Birth.  I'm still opening a present everyday from the family and my companion and I have a fun time trying to figure all of them out!  Thanks for all the support and love this Christmas season!

Well, things for Elder Jensen are about to change really quickly.  Three elders are going home on December 19th to be home for Christmas and get ready for college.  So, that leaves 3 empty spaces in companionships.  That means that Pres. Douglas decided to send me and Elder Astacio out into the field to fill some of these spaces.  This means that I'll be out of the office now, and I'll spend Christmas some where new.  That changes my plans a little bit, but I'm excited to get back into the field and be a "full-time" missionary again!  The plan is that I'll head to La Vega next week and be with a new missionary named Elder Farnsworth.  He's a funny elder, and President Douglas and I figured that it'd be good for him and me to spend Christmas together as temporary companions.

After spending the last two weeks of this transfer in La Vega I'll head out to my final area on the first of January.  It's not 100% set in stone, but President Douglas said he's planning on sending me out to open a new area in a little town called Nagua on the north-east coast of the country.  There's 6 missionaries already out there, but I'm assigned to serve and help out one of the wards that is struggling.  I'm very excited to serve in that area and train a new missionary too!  It should be a fun experience to finish up my mission like that!  Guess we'll see how it all happens, haha!

Big changes are coming up soon!  I'm grateful for the opportunity I've had to serve in the mission office.  I've learned a lot about "grown-up" work, working with others, and the system of an office.  But, I'm very excited to head out to the field again and be focused 24/7 on finding people to teach and inviting all people to follow Jesus Christ.  As we live from day to day, there's always something that needs to be done.  It might be working, shopping, cleaning, etc., but I've found that spending time with people we care about brings the most happiness out of anything.  During my time in the office I've been busy doing a lot of "temporal" things.  But, the times where I've taught less-actives, helped out other missionaries, and seen Carolina get baptized are the times I remember most about these last couple of months.  In the end of it all, the most enjoyable and memorable experiences we'll have in life will where we did something to or with someone we cared about.  I'm grateful for this opportunity to serve the Dominican people and be a missionary!  I know this church is true, and that God's Plan is to help us be eternally happy with the people we care about.  I challenge everyone this coming year to take a little bit more time out of life and use it to make the day of someone we care about.  I know that pretty soon we'll find our lives a little bit happier and brighter too!  I know it's true, because I've seen it for myself.  I know we'll all be happier if we take the time.  En el nombre de Jesucristo, Amen.

Have a great week everyone!  Happy Holidays.

Love,
Elder Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment