Thursday, August 1, 2013

Weekly email...

Hola everyone,

This past week has been quite an interesting week.  Last Thursday and Friday I started my training in the office, Saturday I was at the hospital with my companion, and the last couple of days just kind of blurred by.  It seems like I've been busy doing everything but missionary work, haha.

So the office......I'm going to be one busy person!!  I've only trained 3 days and I've already had to do so much.  I'm in charge of all the missionaries' cell phones (which is about 220), all the mission mail (pamphets, BOMs, letters, packages, etc), and all the other random office work involved in the "material" things of the missionaries.  Its really fun and there's A/C in the office, but I'm going to be a very, very busy missionary in a couple of weeks.  However, I look forward to the experience and working a little closer to Pres. Douglas and seeing how that man does things.  So overall, it's been great!

So my companion got bit by a tiny, little spider a week ago.  We both thought is was no big deal.  Well, we were kind of wrong.  On Saturday afternoon he shows me his hand and asked, "Is this normal?"  His hand was pretty big and swollen.  So, Sister Douglas sent us to the hospital to figure out what was wrong.  After all was said and done, it turned out that he had an allergic reaction to this spider bite.  I was hoping he'd start shooting out webs and climbing walls, but I was a little disappointed.  Oh well, that's life sometimes.

So I'm starting to know the area and some of the investigators are really cool!  We have started meeting with this women who married a returned missionary.  She's really open to the gospel and wants to continue learning.  I mean, Noelia (this lady) and her husband already have plans to head to the temple to be sealed in a little over a year.  She's a great person and I can see her desire to join the church.  However, she's working Sunday mornings and can't really attend church.  But, she's already on top of that and is trying to trade shifts with her other co-workers.  I'm very excited we've met this nice couple and I hope I can see Noelia get baptized too!

I've been studying alot in 3 Nephi and Christ's visit to the Americas.  Wow, so much happened in just 3 days; it's just amazing!  I really love how much faith the Nephites and surviving  lamanites had in their savior and redeemer.  The miracles, and the events that passed in these few chapters of the Book of Mormon are filled with some of Christ's greatest miracles among the children of men.  I wonder what the world would be like if the Latter-Day Saints of God had the kind of faith like these ancient saints of god! had  What do you think we could do?  How would our faith and example effect our neighbors, friends, and family?  I think we'd see a whole new world and life centered in our master Jesus Christ.  I know that it's not easy, but if we continue doing the little things in life like reading our scriptures, trusting in the prophet's words, attending church, and having a sincere prayer to our Heavenly Father, I know that eventually the time will come in our existence that we'll have a great faith in our Savior and see miracles in our lives.  

I still have a lot to work on, but I know that Christ lives and he is our savior.  He is God's son and he atoned for our sins!  God is our Father-in-heaven and wants to bless us.  We can always turn to him with our problems and questions.  This is the true church and I'm a real missionary.  I love sharing my testimony with the people of the Dominican Republic and I'm grateful for this opportunity to serve in his Royal Army.  Missionary work rocks!  En el nombre de Jesucristo, amen.

Have a great week everyone!

Love, 
Elder Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment