Saturday, August 10, 2013

Happy August...

Hola mi familia,

Well, things continue to get busier and busier for me.  I'm continuing my training in the office and will "officially" take over my position at the end of August (when transfer rolls around).  I'm continuing learning the ropes and getting the hang of my assignments.  I made a mistake last week in my email.  I said that I was in charge of 220 cell phones, but actually it's only 130-ish.  My math is getting a little rusty, so sorry.  But, things are going great, and I'm loving the A/C.  It's been especially hot lately and I'm liking the "cooler" climate.

So my new area is alot different then Fantino.  The ward has about 90-120 people attend church every week and the church runs fairly well in this ward.  We have some awesome members who enjoy leaving with us and really care about doing the work of the lord.  I'm enjoying my time here, and I hope to see Noelia get baptized at the end of the month.  We've been teaching a few other people, but no one but her is really progressing.  We've started visiting the members asking for referrals, and tried to help some of the less-actives be spiritual fed again.  So overall, we've got alot of work going in this area, it's just been a little difficult finding good people to teach.  But, I know the lord has something in the works for us.

My reading of the Book of Mormon has continued going great!  I've just finished up the Book of the prophet Mormon and it just eats my heart out.  I don't understand how a converted people of the lord who had been blessed beyond measure fall into the woes of sin.  I mean, eventually the whole Nephite race was whipped off the face of the earth for their wickedness.  It's sad to see a great, god-worshipping people fall into the depths of sin and suffer the consequences.  It makes me worry about what can happen to us.  If a civilization who saw the lord Jesus Christ can fall and suffer, it makes me wonder what can happen to us!  We've been warned of the wickedness that is continuing to enter the world.  If we decide to enter the world and participate in the wickedness, we'll not come back in very good shape.  We might not be whipped off the earth physically, but I know that we'll be whipped off spiritually.  But, I do know that if we always acknowledge our faults and rely on the lord for help, we can move forward with faith.  The lord gave the Nephites many chances to repent.  We continually receive chances as well.  If we heed those calls and strive to do better, we'll be blessed.

I know that god lives and he loves us.  If we do as he asks and try our best, we will be happy.  Jesus Christ is our savior and is always ready to help us, but first we need to ask.  This church is true and I'm a real missionary of Jesus Christ.  I know it, I love it, and I'm living it!  In the name of Jesucristo, Amen.

Love you guys!  Have a great week!

Love,
Elder Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment