Saturday, August 31, 2013

Happy Thursdaay...

Sorry for the delay in the post.

Hola Everyone!

Well, it's weird to think today is Thursday, because it honestly feels like Wednesday today.  Yesterday was Zone Conferences, so I'm having my P-day today instead.  Oh, this will probably be my last "middle of the week" P-day for a long time.  Because starting next Wednesday (Transfers) I'll be in the office "officially."  And the office elders' P-days are on Saturdays, so long story short: my P-days will be on Saturdays now.

Well, this past week has been a pretty regular week for me. I've continued my training in the office, mastered Dominican Driving, and walked around in the sun.  We've continued teaching the same investigators and trying to help them progress.  However, I feel we take 5 steps forward and 3 steps back, but I feel like the lord is helping us and touching the hearts of our investigators.

So yesterday was Zone Conferences with Elder Anderson.  It was really good!!  Pres. and Sis. Douglas talked about the importance of teaching families and how we need to focus our efforts on getting people to the temple.  Pres. and Sis. Anderson talked about sacrifice.  Sister Anderson said something I really like.  She said, "We should sacrifice our best to the lord, because he wants to give us something better: Eternal Life."  Sometimes we think we are sacrificing  too much; 2 years, 10%, 2 meals; 3 hours; etc.  But compared to Eternal life, what are we really losing?  I know it's not always easy to sacrifice for the lord.  I'd be a hypocrite if I said it was.  However, I believe it's where our hearts are that really matters in the end.  Our we trying to be obedient?  Do we sacrifice with love?  Are we trying to follow Christ's example?  I think that if we are trying our best and do our best effort to follow Jesus Christ and his father's plan we can be happy!  Heavenly Father knows it's not easy.  However, he does know we can give our best effort, so that's what he expects.  I know that if we give our best effort and sacrifice for the lord, we'll receive eternal life.  I know that god lives, and that through Christ we can make it.  This is the true church and I'm grateful for this opportunity to serve a missionary.  En el nombre de Jesucristo, amen.

Have a great week everyone!  Talk to you again next Saturday!

Love,
Elder Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment