Saturday, April 27, 2013

This week...

Hola everyone!

This past week has been a pretty slow week in Fantino.  We've had a couple of rough days or trying to find people to teach, but I feel like that we have some really good investigators breaking through the clouds.  The most exciting thing that happened was I got a new companion.
My new companion's name is Elder Montes de Oca (I know, quite a long name).  He's from Santo Domingo, so he is my 3rd companion who's Dominican.  He has 6 months in the mission, so still quite young.  I'm his 3rd companion and he seems really excited to work.  I haven't had a whole lot of time to get to know him, since we just got home about 1/2 hour ago, but he seems like a really good missionary.  I look forward to serving with him this next transfer and improve my Spanish, the area, and ourselves as missionaries.  Oh yeah!  He knows how to cook, so I'm looking forward to learning how to make the yummy, Dominican food I love to eat!Indeed, a brand new transfer, new companion; yep, things are looking good!
We've continued to make progress with Livi.  She told us that she didn't really understand exactly what happens at baptism.  So my companion and I did our best to explain our promise, the lord's promise, and the blessings received through baptism.  I feel like she understands a little better the importance of baptism now.  She committed to pray and ask Heavenly Father if baptism is right for her at this time.  I'm praying that he answers her prayer, because we know she's ready.  We have a visit with her tonight, so hopefully we can set a date.
We've continued trying to find investigators, and come up with ways to help the branch grow and become more involved in missionary work.  It's so important to have the members involved in all aspects of our investigators, lessons, and finding of investigators.  We're hoping to plan and set up an Open House of the Church, so all the town can come and see what the "Mormons" do inside that big, new building.  Hopefully, that will help us find more people to teach and help the town know more about our beliefs.
This past week I've really thought about the love God has for all of his children.  We constantly make mistakes, fall short, and we all seem to find ourselves "Human."  If we think about it, we all need the divine gift of the Atonement, and the love and Mercy of our savior.  It weird how I sometimes find myself "short fused" about little things I do, or other people do and I forget that God never gets "short fused" with me!  He always is there to pick us up, dust us off, and help us on the right path again.  I think of all the effects that come from our time on this earth, and I remember the love, and peace that comes from the simple words, "Be still, and know that I am God."  I hope we all can rely on God and his love for us in our weakness, short comings, and challenges that come in life.  En el nombre de Jesucristo, Amen.
Have an excellent week!
Love,
Elder Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment