Thursday, April 18, 2013

Hey...

Hola Everyone!

This past week has been another regular week in Fantino. We just have been doing our thing and enjoying our time in the rice fields! Next week is transfers, and I'm 99% sure I'm staying in Fantino. In my interview with President Douglas he told me that he sent me to Fantino for a reason, and he feels my time is about up, but not quite yet. That made me feel really good. It strengthened my testimony that God has a hand in the transfer process and where I need to be. Anyways, my companion Elder Mendoza is most likely headed out next week, so it should be interesting to see who my new companion will be.

The most exciting news on the investigator front is Livi. I guess I shouldn't call it exciting because it's not "good" news. She was originally planning to get baptized this Saturday, but isn't anymore:( She had a good, honest, heart-to-heart talk with us last night and shared how she's feeling right now. She told us she really likes attending church, reading, and the set-up of the church; however, she said she doesn't fell 100% ready to be baptized yet. I was a little sad, because she is the most prepared investigator I've ever taught, but I'm very grateful she was honest to us and to herself. She explained that she wants to get baptized, but just needs a more sure answer to her prayers. We gave her Elder Holland's talk from last Conference and we are hoping that that helps. The thing I'm learning from this situation is that we make our own decisions. When it comes to our salvation and our happiness, we must be the person to choose "yes" or "no." Family, missionaries, members, friends, etc. can all influence our own decisions, however, when it comes right down to it WE MUST MAKE OUR OWN DECISION! We have our own agency, and that's the beauty of the Plan of Salvation. Is it frustrating at times when someone doesn't make a decision? Yes! However, that's we we got to keeping on cheering from the sidelines and never abandon them. So we're going to keep moving forward and supporting Livi until she makes her decision! I know that it'll come, and she use her agency and choose to follow Christ and be baptized.

With our other investigators we have really nothing new to report. We've been kind of cleaning house and trying to find some new people who want to progress. We've spent alot of time this past transfer on less-actives without alot of success, so we're going to focus more on the people who don't have the gospel and need it, want it, and will live it! It's important to focus on the less-active members too, but we are trying to balance our time more effectively and spend an equal amount of time on both sides of the battle field.

I'm so grateful for the gospel in my life and the opportunity to serve a mission! I love the lord, and his son, Jesus Christ. He is my savior and king! I'm grateful for the simple prayer of a young, 14 year-old boy who had the courage to ask! The church is true, and prophets lead and guide us in these latter-days. Thank you for all the love and support, and I pray that you are happy and enjoying the journey of life! Have an excellent week, and "just keep swimming!"

Love,
Elder Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment