Saturday, May 11, 2013

May...

Hola everyone!
As I sat at my desk this morning, I realized that today is the 1st of May?  Can you all believe that we're already in the 5th month of the year?  Where is all the time going....I have no clue.  Anyways, this past week was a pretty good week, however, not too much out of the ordinary happened.  So if this email isn't very long, I'm sorry.
My companion, Elder Montes de Oca, and I are doing really well.  We've starting getting used to each other's habits, and styles; so, it seems like things are going well.  He is a great guy, however, he definitely talks Dominican.  I sometimes can barely understand him, so I imagine that my Spanish will get alot better this transfer.  I look forward to working with him over the next few weeks.
This past week, we've continued contacting alot.  And I mean alot.  We have decided that we need lots of people to teach, and that lots of people are waiting to hear the gospel.  However, finding them seems to be the big question.  We've found a couple of new people who are really interested in our message.  For example, we received a referral from the mission office for a guy named Roemil.  We contacted him and had our first visit last Saturday.  I asked him how we received his information, and he told us, "I was on the internet and came across one of the web pages of your church.  It was interesting, so I clicked on "Contact us" and entered my information.  Then about 2 days later, you guys called me to meet with me."  SUPER COOL!!  I've never heard someone enter in their info through the church's website.  And then we called him 2 days later.  Yep, the church is definitely true.
We've also found some less-active members in our search for people to teach.  One member, Andrea, is a less-active member.  The interesting thing is, is that she's deaf.  We've found a member who knows some sign language, but I'm going to study up a little bit to and see if we can help this member get re-activated.  She seems really nice, and was really patient as we tried communicating with her.
Yep, the work continues to move forward Fantino.  I love the experiences, lessons, and knowledge that I'm learning from my time here.  Things aren't always easy, but we all need opposition to learn and progress to become like our heavenly parents.  The mission is great, and I'm so very grateful to serve my Heavenly Father in the Dominican Republic.  The church is true, and we all have a very important work to do in sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ.  Keep the faith and God Speed everyone!
Love,
Elder Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment