Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 4th of July...

Hello again!

Can you believe another week has already gone by??  It seems like just a couple days ago I was in here writing a letter!  Things here are really coming along.  To answer a few more questions, bugs in my area really aren't a problem.  I don't live by any major water sources, so bugs aren't too bad.  In other areas, however, there are a ton!  So we'll see what comes about with that in time.  Also, my feet are doing better for the most part.  Kimberly calls herself a nurse and she couldn't even take a few
blisters on her brother's foot, good gravy!  The heat here is really brutal some days, but the humidity is what kills ya!  I don't think I've ever sweat so much, but I just get used to that "wet" feeling.  The good thing about the humidity though, is that it helps for getting sunburned.  The moisture helps from just frying your skin!  The food situation is going pretty good, we kinda just live off a college diet.  However, today I'm going to be using my card because I need to buy some stuff at Pricemart. Like chocolate, candy, and a few other things too!  So Dad, don't be surprised!

I can't believe that the whole state is on fire!!  It is interesting how the weather seems confused these days!  Its really dry, or really wet! Since I got to Gurabo it has only rained once!  I thought it would be raining a lot more then it has!!  But knock on wood, haha!

This past week has been filled with many fun new adventures!  President Douglas and his wife attended church in the ward I'm assigned to last Sunday!  I was able to talk and visit with them for a little bit and see how things are going.  They are really nice, and very, very energetic about the work.  He's only been here 5 days, but he already seems like a veteran mission president.  It is a good feeling to know that I'm not the newest missionary in the field, haha!!  He speaks really good Spanish, but Hermana Douglas not so much, but she'll pick it up really quickly!  I love the new mission president and his wife!  They seem the perfect "perfect mission parents" for me!  The lord has a plan to enable the people who can help us most to serve with us!  I have a testimony that I'm suppose to be in the DR with President Douglas as my Mission President.  Missionaries are called by revelation!!

The work in my area is really progressing!  We have around 8 investigators who are really progressing!  They want to understand and come to know the gospel of Jesus Christ!  I hope that they will be baptized in the coming months.  One of the investigator's name is Johnny.  He is the brother of a recent convert.  At the beginning, he had no desire to talk to us.  He had his religion and we had ours.  But we convinced him to just listen in on a lesson on Jesucristo.  Pretty soon, he decided we weren't half bad, and he liked the message of the Restored Gospel!  His personal beliefs are in line with a lot of our beliefs too, and he really is embracing the gospel.  We asked him to read the introduction the the BOM and he ended up reading up to 1 Nep 4.  It is really cool to see him progress! Another investigator is Robin and Melissa.  They are a small family with a 6 month year old daughter!  They read and Melissa is super smart.  We gave them a plan of Salvation pamphlet and the next lesson she told us about it. She really knew it!  She was told us that we could go to 3 different kingdoms and named each one.  We were impressed!  "But wait there's more!" she said. And then she told us who inherited which kingdom the glory within each one!  Super Duper impressive! So this family is really cool to work with too!

That about wraps it up for this past week in Gurabo!  Good luck with the coming week and remember the church is still true!!

Love, Elder Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment