Saturday, July 14, 2012

Hello Everyone!


Hola mi familia!

Another week has already come and gone, can you believe it??  This past week has been pretty slow with a few interesting stories.  The first story is about this drunk guy we call the "prophet."  He is always drunk and thinks he is a prophet seeing visions and stuff.  He always trys to stop us and give us a blessing.  Can you say the word crazy??  This guy is completely nuts, my companion and I just get the biggest kick out of it.  I wish you could see how this guy acts, haha.  When he's sober he doesn't believe in God, but when he's drunk it's a different story.

Monday, we had a new missionary meeting with the President.  It was his first meeting too, so everyone was new.  Sister Douglas cooked us breakfast and lunch.  Oh my laws, that is the closest thing I've had to a home cooked meal in 3 months!!  It was soooo good, I actually made myself sick from eating so much!!  She even had chips & salsa, yummy!

We are continuing to teach our investigators and really making progress with a few.  My spanish is getting better, but I still have no clue what people are trying to tell me.  Compared to my first day in the MTC, I'm doing really well in Spanish.  My feet are getting better, so thanks to everyone who's been asking.  We continue to walk and sweat alot, and I'm happy to report I've lost about 20 pounds since I got to the field.  So by the end of 2 years, I oughta be in pretty good shape!  I'm learning alot and I really realizing that I can't do anything in my life without the Jesus Christ beside me!  Missionary work takes alot of work, and there is no way a person could do it without having divine help and intervention!  Its a really cool experience to run into our investigators and see smiles pop up on their faces an hear  them yell, "JENSEN!"  It makes me feel good knowing I can touch other peoples lives!  

I received the package today!!  Thanks for everything inside; the cookies are really yummy!!  I think somebody at customs ate a few because the bag was open with the cookies inside.  It must have been pretty expensive to send it so quickly, but thanks I really am grateful for it!!  Last week, haha, I bought chocolate!  It was expensive, but it's darn good!!

Sounds like things are going really well and home.  Busy, busy, busy.  Sounds really hot too!  I hope you guys get some rain!!  I hope the coming week is full of fun adventures!  I love you all and I'll talk to ya next week!

Love always,
Elder Jensen

PS. I'm sorry about no pictures, I've been slacking off, but I promise to take more!!

No comments:

Post a Comment