Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Weekly letter...

Hola Everyone!

It sounds like everyone had a pretty good week and enjoyed the fall break this past week!  I'm glad that everything is going well and that life continues going forward!  It's fun to read, and hear about all the fun activities that are going on in the family.

Well, as for me I can't say that I've had a super exciting week.  After all the stuff that happened the previous week, I was pretty sure that nothing could really top that.  And to tell you the truth, I'm glad that nothing did, haha....

Let's see.  We've been busy trying to get this next transfer underway helping send out church supplies, things for the houses, and making sure everything is going the way it should.  A new office missionary couple just arrived that will become the new secretaries and we've been really busy helping them.  We all laugh because they are in their 70's and Sis. Carroll has never left the US before.  Need less to say, it's been a little humorous to see her try to adjust to this country.  Especially the driving, hospitals, and overall Dominican attitude about things.  We've constantly had to tell her to relax and just go with what happens and adjust to how things are done.  It's actually been quite an interesting experience.  Senior missionaries bring a maturity level, and attitude that we just can't bring the office as young missionaries.  But, it's also very different too.

So, I've been thinking a lot lately about the idea of "just roll with it" or "when you get lemons, make lemonade" or "stuff happens" or as Joseph Wirthlin said, "Come what may and love it."  I know that there are hundreds of different ways, but every way essentially says the same thing.  Lot's of things (or events) happen that we don't expect and we need to just keep moving forward and make the best of what we have.  It sounds alot easier saying one of these phrases then actually living it in day to day life.  I myself have been upset, angry, and frustrated when things happen or something doesn't go as planned.  I like to plan for things and I want everything to go as planned and everyone will be happy.  Well, the mission has helped me realize one very hard lesson:  Things happen, and we're suppose to deal with it.  Many plans, ideas, and events have fallen through, and lots of things happen that are out of control.  It hasn't been easy for me to learn, but I'm starting to understand what Elder Wirthlin said when he mentioned, "Come what may and love it."  We can't control the universe or the will of others.  But we can control us, and if we are happy or not.  We have the option to laugh or to be grateful, happy, giving, etc.  No one else but us can choose our attitude about life.  I really like the promise that god gives us in D&C 101:16  "Therefore, let your hearts be comforted concerning [my life] for all flesh is in mine hands; be still and know that I am God."  If we can be still, we'll be able to see God's hand in everything.  Through his love and grace we can be have the attitude of"Come what may and love it."  I know it's not easy, but it God's plan for us and he'll help us make it to the end!  En el nombre de Jesucristo, Amen.

Have an excellent week everyone!  I look forward to hearing how things go!  Thank you for all the love, prayers, emails, and support!  It's means alot.

Love,
Elder Jensen

P.S. These pictures our by a little lake in the mountains by a town called Mao.


No comments:

Post a Comment