Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Buenos Dias...

Hola Everyone!
I hope that everyone has a good week and that all is well back in Utah!  Things continue to move along here in Fantino and especially the weather!  It's weird how in one minute it's blazing hot, and then five minutes later it's pooring rain.  Yep, kind of like Utah weather, only without snow.
Anyways, this past week was a really fun week with some new excitement.  Last Saturday we had our Open House of the church.  It went really well!!  My companion and I ended up making a recording to be played throughout Fantino on loud speakers annoucing the Open House because a member didn't do it.  So yeah, I had my day of fame preaching to a whole town last Saturday, haha.  So, the open house started at 3pm.  Well, 4 o'clock rolled around without anyone showing up.  So, Pres. Castaño (Branch President) gathered us all together to pray.  After the prayer, Hermano Gomez (2nd Counselor in the Mission Presidency), suggested we go out to the street and welcome the people in as they come.  Well, the other missionaries and members interpreted that to mean "Stop everyone and bring them in."  Seriously, it was awesome!  People started coming in off the street, cars, motorcycles, scooters,  etc.  The missionaries had no fear and just starting getting everyone to come in.  Over the next 5 hours we ended up have around 200 people come and tour the chapel.  Out of the 200, 42 filled out little contact cards because they wanted to know more.  I feel like this activity was a big success!!  The members really liked it, we got some new people to teach, and the people had fun!  Now, I just hope that a few of these 42 people will soon be investigators and eventually members.  We put in a lot of work, and the Lord blessed us with alot of success.  I know that if we do our part and trust in the lord, he'll always deliver on his end.  It was a really good day!
Well, after that I don't know what else can top that.  Today was transfers and Elder Montes de Oca and I sticking together taking on the world in Fantino.  I look forward to serving with him again and trying to fulfill my purpose here in Fantino!  I love being a missionary and I'm grateful for this opportunity to serve a mission.  We are continuing to teach our investigators and we're hoping that Libby gets baptized soon.  Also, we hope that Dori and her husband can continue taking the lessons!  I know this church is true and that Jesus Christ lives!  This is his gospel and I'm one of his missionaries! 
Have an excellent week everyone!! 
Love,
Elder Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment