Thursday, October 4, 2012

Hello...

Hello Everyone!

This past week has gone by so fast, I honestly can't remember what has happened the past 7 days.  Next Wednesday is transfers, so my companion says I have what they call "Transfer Fever."  A lot of missionaries get it at the end of the transfer where things just blur together, time seems to stop, and people are starting to think into next transfer.  I've been in Gurabo for 3 transfers now, so I have no idea if I will be transferred to a new area or not.  So I'm trying hard to to speculate because whatever happens the lord is in it.

But anyways, let's see... last Wednesday night, we had Elder Cornish from the Area Presidency come and speak to investigators in Santiago.  It was so cool!!!  I think I learned more then my investigators.  About teaching, testifying, and how to discern spiritual truths.  He used the example about his black book of Mormon.  He told us all he thought it was red.  Some people agreed, but the majority of us were set on the fact it was black!  He explained this is like spiritual truths.  No matter how many people might say its a different "color", the color is always black.  People in the world might try to change the "color" of spiritual truths, but its impossible!  The color will always be black like Elder Cornish's Book of Mormon.  It is impossible to change God's laws or truths!!  The world might try to convince us its a different color, but we need to stand up and show the world the real color of the truth!  Always strive to be a bearer of truth and showing the world the real color of truth!  It was a really good devotional!

Our investigators are really progressing right now!  Bienvenido and his family are trying hard to find their testimonies and commit to a baptism date!  Rafi is progressing and we're working hard to help him keep the word of wisdom!  Melissa and Robin are starting to feel that hunger for a knowledge of the gospel like Enos in the Book Of Mormon!  Overall, I'm being very blessed by the lord to teach some amazing children of our Father in Heaven and helping Christ rescue some of his lost sheep!

I have to 9 words to describe the first 6 months of my mission:  Missionary Work is hard, but I Absolutely LOVE IT!! This first six months of my mission have been full of wonder experiences, blessings, and times where I've grown up spiritually, mentally, and physically.  The first six months have been amazing, and I look forward to the next 18!!  I know this work is a marvelous work, and I know with all my heart this is where I need to be!  Thank you all for the love, support, prayers, and letters in my behalf!  I love you so very much!  

Love,
Elder Jensen
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment