Thursday, April 19, 2012

Week in Review....

Hola Everyone!!

   Great News! I'm headed to the Domincan Republic.  I leave next Thursday morning at 3:00 AM to the DR MTC.  I don't have time to give you all the details and my flight numbers, but know I will fly to the D.R. next Thursday (April 26).  So my next email on Wednesday will include all of that.  My address for that MTC might change, so don't send any letters or anything until I can confirm that address.  I also get to call you in the airports so make sure you leave next Thursday open:)  I'm really going to miss my district, zone, and teachers here in Provo, but I know that being in the DR MTC will help me so much.  I'll be forced to speak Spanish and I'll also learn Dominican Spanish too.  So I'm looking forward to heading out there and continuing serving the lord.
   Last Friday we found out we no longer were to teach Jeremias.  As it turns out, he was actually one of our teachers pretending to be an investigator.  It was a shock, but it doesn't bug me at all.  He told be my Spanish pronunciation was a step below gringo status.  That was good to hear, but it hurt my pride just a little.  Guess I needed a lesson in humility.  I'm continuing learning Spanish and trying very hard to understand my teachers.  My knowledge of the gospel is slowly increasing and I look forward to helping the people of the Dominican Republic come unto Jesucristo.  Its really fun talking with people in the little Spanish I know.
   On Sunday, the MTC was privileged to listen to Elder M. Russell Ballard speak to us.  He spoke about the importance of our roles as missionaries.  Not just full-time missionaries, but member missionaries as well.  He said we carry "The single greatest news ever to be on this planet, save only the Lord Jesus Christ."  The gospel is that important!  Do we as members and full-time missionaries take our knowledge of the gospel for granted??  Do we just shrug off the notion that we have the fullness of the gospel in our lives??  According to Elder Ballard, we should share the good news of the gospel to every ear that will listen to it.  He counsel was just amazing!!  As a special musical number in the same fireside, Elder Archuleta sang the Spirit of God.  How do I put this.....IT WAS AMAZING!   The spirit was so strong, and it was like a chorus of angels were singing right behind him.  It was just something very special to be a part of.
  Overall, this past week has been really slow.  Nothing too exciting other than I got my travel plans to the DR.  Its been a blessing in my life to have family and friends who are so supportive of me while I'm serving the lord.  Yo se que la iglesia is verdadero.  Jesuscristo es nuestro el salvador.  Padre Celestial ama el hijos y hijas.  Yo amo mi familia y amigos.  Jose Smith fue un profeta y Pres. Monson is el profeta hoy.  En el nombre de Jesuscristo, Amen.

Que viya con Dios,

Love, Elder Jensen



***Pictures will come. According to Russell his camera is unable to connect the computers in the MTC. So as soon as he gets to the DR he will send lots! ~Kimberly


No comments:

Post a Comment