Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Weekly email...

Hola Everyone!

Wow!  I can't believe another week has already gone by!  Next Wednesday is transfers, so things are going to be getting really busy starting Monday.  President Douglas wants me to have an opportunity to train a new missionary before I go home, so I'll be training my replacement this upcoming transfer.  I'll have one more transfer in the mission office, then I'll head back out into the field at the beginning of the year and finish my mission training a new missionary!  I'm really excited and it will be a great way to end of my mission service.  So, this next transfer will be a busy transfer teaching someone else how to do my job.

So, the baptism service was good last Saturday.  Carolina got baptized and she seems really happy now!  She's excited to go the temple in a year and be sealed as an eternal family.  Her and Omar need lots of help and lots of preparation, but  I'm confident that they'll be able to make it with the lord's help.  It was a good feeling to see someone else get baptized again.  It helps me realize the importance of what I'm doing here in the Dominican Republic.  I've attached a few photos to this email, so I hope you enjoy them!

So I finished the Peacegiver this past week and it was really good!  I really like how the author pointed out that the Atonement is for us to forgive as well!  He essentially said that Christ comes before us and says, "I've covered your sins, and I've also covered their sins too!  The debt has been paid in full, so let me deal with them and I'll be here to help you."  That is really true.  The lord has paid everyone's debt; not just ours.  He then sets the terms on their repentance, and on ours.  We can't deny someone the ability of the Atonement, because we don't deserve it anymore then they do.  So in reality, we can't judge others and force them to change; because that is exactly what we don't want someone to do to us!  It's important that we do our best to not judge others and rely on the lord to help us change OUR part and leave other people's problems up to him.  Afterall, at the end of the day, salvation is individual.  Someone else can't do our part for us; only Christ can show us the way.  I know that Christ lives and he is our savior.  He the only way we can ever hope to be saved.  He has paid the debt in full and has set the terms for our salvation.  I know that he wants us to succeed and he knows we can do it!  God is our father and he wants us to make it home as well!  I hope we can continue to keep the commandments and show them we are ready and willing to listen.  En el nombre de Jesucristo, Amen.

Have an excellent week everyone!  Que vaya con Dios.

Love,
Elder Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment