Friday, February 15, 2013

Hello...

Hola everyone!

Greeting from the Campo of the Dominican Republic!!  I´ve been transferred to a place call Fantino.  It falls in the very edge of the Bonao zone.  They funny thing is, I´m closer to La Vega then Bonao....Anyways, I´m in the middle of no where.  Fantino is a tiny town that is seriously in the middle of a ton of rice fields!!  The nearest missionaries are 30 minutes away, and I have to take a bus for 2 hours to get to any sort of Zone Meetings.  So yep, I went from the big city of Santiago, to one of the most campo areas in the mission.  I´m excited to see how these next few months go! 

My new companion is Elder Mendoza.  He is from Mexico and has about 4 months in the mission.  He just finished training, so I´ve got the opportunity to help him continue learning about the mission and becoming a veteran missionary.  He´s really nice and has a lot of excitement to work and build up the kingdom.  I´m really excited to work with him and see what we can do here in this little town of Fantino.  Wish me luck, haha!!

This past week has been a very interesting week.  We´ve spent the past few days saying goodbye to people and the lovely area of Gurabo.  I will really miss that area.  After 8 months, it´s kind of become my home and I feel like I´m saying goodbye to some wonderful people.  The hardest person I said good bye to was David!  He has become a life long friend over the last few months.  I´m so very grateful I was able to help that man find the gospel and change his life!  I will sure miss him, he is a good guy!  We even had a little good bye party last night with Dr. Pepper and Nachos.  Yep, he´s a keeper!!  I hope that he will continue in the faith and be the strong member and leader God knows he can be!

I´m so grateful for the chance I have to be a missionary!  Last night, as I said goodbye to David, I gained a witness that missionary work changes peoples lives.  I´ve witnessed the gospel changing the life of a son of god, who has found his Shepard once again.  It is a huge opportunity to be a missionary and I thank Heavenly Father everyday for the things I´m doing, learning, and the person I´m becoming.  I hope everyone who has a chance to serve a mission will take the opportunity and do it! 

Have an excellent week everyone!!

Love,
Elder Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment