Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Hello Everyone...



Hola Everyone!

This past week has kind of wheezed by!  I can't believe it's already Wednesday again.  This week has been full of the regular stuff; teaching, walking, reading, stuff like that.  We have been trying to do some new stuff, so we'll see where that goes.

On Friday night we did a "Noche de Pelicula" at the local.  We showed the movie Facing the Giants.  We didn't have a ton of people show up, but we had some inactives, new members, and investigators come so it was worth it.  They asked if we would keep doing it so they could come and watch movies every Friday night.  We said that was our plan, and they loved it.  So all in all, everyone Friday night has now turned into "Noche de Película" watching motivational movies.  I have a feeling this is a good opportunity for the branch to grow!  Members are inviting friends and people really seem to like the idea!

Ruben is getting married!!  The member he has been dating for the past 4 months and him decided that they wanted to get married.  They both have separate kids and have been married before.  They seem quite fond of each other and really feel like this is what they want to do.  We weren't involved in this decision at all, but the Elder's Quorum President asked us to help make it happen.  So we've been talking with a guy who helps with marriages and have been trying to get everything set up.  They will probably get married sometime this next week.  I'm happy for them; they seem really happy together!!

So yesterday, we weren't having a lot of success.  Our 5 appointment failed, so I finally sat down on a bench not knowing what to do. After about 5 minutes, a guy I contacted about 3 months ago came walking by.  We exchanged hello's, and I thought he'd be on his way.  However, he asked if I new a guy named Erikson.  I said I did and he's serving a mission in Mexico.  The guy started asking questions again, and we began talking.  Well, after 40 minutes of conversing, I had his number, address, and an invitation to stop by later in the week.  Super cool!  I can't believe how that worked out.  The lord placed us on that bench at that time so we could meet this guy again and give him another chance to accept the gospel.  I know that the lord guides us missionaries!!  At times we may know it, but most of the time I think not!  Super cool experience; I hope things work out!!

So this last week I've been reading Jesus the Christ again.  Let's just say...WOW!  Read that book, it'll change your life and strengthen your testimony!!  Enough said I think!

Thanks for all your love and support!!  I look forward to seeing how the family is doing every week and how life in the good old US of A is!  Have an excellent week and remember who you are and what you stand for!!

Love,
Elder Jensen

P.S.  Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.  I can't believe all the snow!!  In the DR it's: Let it rain, let it sun, let it rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment