Sunday, January 13, 2013

Happy 2013...

Hola Everyone!

Happy New Year!  With the new year comes new changes!  This past week had really only one major change for me.  Yep, a new companion.

My new companion's name is Elder Nicolas for the Dominican Republic.  He has 6 months in the mission, so relatively new still.  I'm his first American Companion, so it's been interesting.  He speaks really fast, 100% Dominican, and so I know I'm going to learn spanish (Dominican) really, really fast this transfer!  He's essentially an only child and has been a member his whole life.  He seems really cool and has a lot of energy to serve and help build the kingdom in Gurabo!  I'm excited to see what is in store this transfer!

So missionary work wise, not a whole lot to say!  For one, this past week was the new year and I felt like this country was a different place.  Tons of people, beer, music, beer, fireworks, beer; did I mention beer?  This was not a good week to talk about religion with people because one, they couldn't remember the next day.  Or two, they were partying and didn't want to!  So I really don't have a lot of things to say!  It was honestly just one big party week here in the DR!  Hopefully better success this next week!

Things are goind good and I'm excited to see what happens this year!  Thanks for all your love and support and have an excellent week!

Love,
Elder Jensen



 

No comments:

Post a Comment