Sunday, November 25, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving...

Hello Everyone!

Happy Thanksgiving!  I'm so very grateful for everyone supporting me and reading my emails!  This past week has been full of things to do, and I look forward to telling you about them.

Up first, my new companion!  Elder Gomera finished his mission, so I received a new companion and I'm showing him the area, here in Gurabo.  His name is Elder Rosales and he is from the country of Peru!  He is in my same starting group, so he has around 6 months because I had 6 more weeks in the MTC.  He seems really nice, but a little shy.  I will definitely change that!  We have alot of work in head of us these next six weeks, so I hope he likes to work hard, haha!

On Friday morning, we continued our work helping that children's school.  We counts thousands of Christmas Cards that the children had drawn and they copied.  Did I say thousands???  Good, I thought so.  I never want that as a desk job.  It was fun, but only the first time.  I do enjoy giving service!

Saturday was an awesome day!!  We had two baptisms!  The family we have been teaching so hard finally hit some success.  Bienvenido wasn't able to bet married, but two of his daughters did.  Last Sunday, we were talking about Mosiah 18 and one of the daughters said, "the time of yes or no to baptism has long since past.  I want to be baptized on Saturday."  Elder Gomera and I looked at each other then said, "We're glad you've arrived at that answer."  Then her sister said she was ready too!  So there it is, two somewhat unexpected baptisms, but I'm so, so happy they decided to be baptized.  Now, we're working to get their parents married, and the wife to share with us, so the rest of the family can be baptized and then sealed in the temple in a year.  Yep, the church is true.

This past week has been really fun!  I know this church is true and that missionary work is awesome!  Serving Heavenly Father in the Dominican Republic is really rewarding and challenging.  I'm learning so much, and I'm grateful for my family and all the blessings I've received in my life.  This week is Thanksgiving, so I hope we can all be a little bit more grateful for what we have, and not worry about what we don't have.  Happy Thanksgiving, and good luck on Black Friday!

Love,
Elder Jensen


No comments:

Post a Comment