Thursday, September 13, 2012

Here it is...

Hola everyone!

This past week in Gurabo has been a slow week!  We started the third week into the transfer which usually means that nothing major happens.  We spent almost everyday teaching and contacting in my area.  On Sunday, however, we did have a Stake Conference.  It was a really good conference, but definitely different then the one's in Utah!  President Douglas and his wife spoke and did a really good job!  I don't know what it is with Sister Douglas, but she is a really good speaker!  President Douglas did a really good job as well; he spoke about the Tree of Life vision that Lehi had.  I will admit after about half way through my spanish brain was fried, so I didn't really understand alot of the last half.  Trying really hard to understand a new language is really exhausting mentally.

My spanish is really coming along!  My companion, Elder Gomera, is really helping me alot.  Most days, I can really understand pretty good and follow what's going on.  He is also practicing his english and is doing really good.  It's a win-win for both of us!  He likes the Harry Potter movies (which is really good!) and we get along really well!

This past week I've seen the lord work in so many ways!  He seems to guide people to act and prompts people to listen to the Holy Ghost to help another come unto Christ!  I'm so very grateful for the tender mercies of the lord in my life.  I know that the lord is mindful to each and everyone of us and wants to help us all along the way!  Tender mercies are small gifts of kindness that the lord gives us each individually to help us continue pushing forward!  The church is true, and the work I'm performing is truly the work of the lord and savior Jesus Christ!  Thank you all for your love and prayers; they truly me alot to me! 

Love,
Elder Jensen
 
So the mission is in a brand new office, so for future packages, use the following address!:
                Elder Russell Jensen 
                Ave Estrella Sadhala
                #10  2do Piso
                Frente a Universidad UTESA
                Santiago, Rep. Dom.
                51000
 

No comments:

Post a Comment