Friday, September 21, 2012

Hello...

Hola everyone!

Can you believe another week has already gone by?  I can't believe how fast things are moving along and how quickly Wednesday comes around again.  As for this past week, not a whole lot of things out of routine have happened.  This Friday, we do have a Special Zone Meeting with the President and his wife, so that will be really fun!  

This past week a family we've been teaching has really been progressing.  His name is Bienvenido with three daughters: Amber, Karina, and Stephanie.  His wife doesn't want to share, but they all are really interested and progressing really well.  We taught them the Law of Chasity, and Bienvenido wants to obey this law and now get legally married to his wife!  That is really cool!  So maybe I'll be witnessing a wedding pretty soon.  We have also taught them the 3 basic lessons and they really are starting to gain a testimony of the gospel and of their savior!

We also have continued teaching Rafi!  We taught him the Law of Chastity too!  I was surprised at how easily he accepted the doctrine and how willing and he was to live the law!  He is doing really well and progressing toward baptism.  He has a cast on his leg for another month and a half, so hopefully I'll still be in the area, so I can see him get baptized.

We've really started on trying to work with members and less-actives in the ward.  It is really hard to help your investigators feel welcome at church if there aren't members willing to fellowship and be friends with them.  I'm starting to realize how important it is to have a ward with a very strong desire to share the gospel and help the missionary work more forward!  I encourage you all to try a little harder to make sure that less-actives, new converts, are investigators in your wards feel welcome and know that people in the church care for them and want to help them in anyway possible!  I know you will be blessed as you do this!

This past week I've started the Book of Mormon for the second time since beginning my mission.  I'm trying to read it in Spanish this time.  It takes a lot of work trying to understand it, but thanks to the Lord I can understand what I'm reading.  It also is helping my Spanish a ton!  I was reading in 1 Nephi about Lehi's dream of the tree of life!  The tree represents the Love of God.  We read in John 3:16 that the love of God is the Atonement of Jesus Christ.  How many of us hold to the rod of iron and follow the word of god to the Atonement of Jesus Christ?  Do we continue on undaunted by the outside world and take joy in the blessings of the Atonement and invite those that struggle to partake also?  I hope we can all be like Lehi and his family and partake of the blessings of the Atonement and then help and encourage others to do the same!  The atonement is an amazing gift given to us through a loving father and elder brother!  I know the atonement is real and helps us become perfected to live with god and our families forever!  Let us never forget the love of god for us and all his children!  In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Love,
Elder Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment