Friday, March 14, 2014

Only two more weeks...

Hola Everyone!

I can't believe that time is moving so quickly.  It's an interesting thought to know that I only have 2 weeks longer before I go home and my time as a full-time missionary comes to an end.  It's been a crazy adventure and I'm excited to see what happens in the next 2 weeks.  Lot's of things are starting to happen here, so hopefully we can keep things rolling.

Angel and Banica are continuing to progress.  They've continued struggling in their relationship, but they seem to be doing better and working toward their goals.  I still think it will be a little while until they get married and she can get baptized, but they're progressing and that is what is important.

Olga is continuing to make progress as well.  She's more and more happier everytime that we see her.  She found out that I'm leaving in a couple weeks, so she's been giving us a hard time about that one.  But, luckily she gets along with Elder Gothard too so she's not too bummed.  Plus, she knows that's the mission way of things too.

We're continuing trying to work with the members, however, they can't seem to get into gear.  Our new goal is to visit them and try to invite them to act in some way.  Visit a less-active, talk to their friends, stuff like that.  Guess we'll see if it works.  I sure hope so, because I want to live this area with alot of work for Elder Gothard and his new companion.  However, I can't complain because we've seen the blessing of the lord alot here and he's been very good to us during the last 3 months.  It sure hasn't been easy, but he's made it possible.

So, things continue forward.  I'm grateful for this gospel.  I'm grateful I'm able to share it with the Dominican people.  I know that Christ lives.  He loves us and wants us to succeed.  I've been reading along in Romans and I really like something Paul said to them.  He said, "Be not overcome with evil, but overcome evil with good." (Romans 12:21)  If we follow Christ and all that is good, we can overcome evil and receive eternal life.  I know that light always defeats the darkness.  So I hope that we can all fill our lives with the life of Christ.  En el nombre de Jesucristo, Amen.

Que vaya con Dios!  Buena suerte en esta semana.

Con mucho amor,
Elder Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment