Friday, March 14, 2014

Hola...

Hola a todos,

Wow!  If Utah can get rain like Nagua gets rain, I don't think we'd ever have a problem with water again, haha.  Last weekend, we had so much rain!  It poured all night Friday and pretty much all day Sunday.  Seriously, it was alot of rain.  However, I didn't get too wet because I was stuck in my apartment all day Friday because my companion has been having some stomach problems.  But, he's doing alot better and I'm happy to be out and about sweating like a horse again (minus the sweating part, haha).

Well, things have been really slow for us in Nagua this past week.  We've encountered alot of difficulties with Angel and Banica.  They've seem to have hit a rough patch in their relationship and it's been a struggle trying to do a lot with them right now.  I was really hoping to see them get married and Banica get baptized before I went home, but I think they are going to need alot more time to get everything worked out.  I have faith that she'll get baptized one day, but I don't think right now is the right moment.  However, we continue to teach and pray that they can resolve their problems.

Olga continues to progress and is reading alot more and is really gaining a strong testimony of the gospel again.  I'm very happy that we've been working with her!

Juan is too busy right now with work, school, and life to meet with us anymore.  I'm sad that he chose to not take time to meet with us, but it's his decision to listen or not.  We can invite, but we can't force people to change.

The work of salvation continues forward.  Nagua is a difficult area, but I have confidence that with the lord's help things will improve.  I'm probably not going to see many fruits of my labors, but I'm going to try to plant as many seeds as possible these next 3 weeks.  I know that this gospel is true.  Jesus Christ is our savior and redeemer.  He loves us and wants us to be happy and follow his example.  I'm grateful I can continue to share that message for a short 3 weeks longer.  This is his work.  I've seen his hand in the Dominican Republic helping the message roll forward.  En el nombre de Jesucristo, Amen.

Que vaya bien a todos.  Espero que tengan una buena semana!

Con mucho amor,
Elder Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment