Saturday, February 22, 2014

Salutaciones...

Hola everyone!

Well, here I am writing a day late because yesterday we were in Santiago buying some things and there wasn't power in Nagua all day, so we were able to sneak in an hour right now and write the families.  I'm glad to hear that everything is going well and everyone seems happy.  I hope Holli enjoyed her time in cheer and I'm glad I can tell people my little sister was a cheerleader, haha.  It also sounds like everyone is busy with work and just trying to get everything done; which is good I suppose!

So, this week has just flown by again.  It was the first week of transfers which usually always drags on, but it just seemed to fly by this time.  My companion and I are still busy trying to find more people to teach, but I feel like we'll start seeing some more investigators popping up soon.  Juan has still been busy with the University, so we still haven't had a chance to teach him again.  The couple Angel and Banica that we've been teaching are progressing slowly.  Angel is a less-active and Banica is an investigator who's ready to get baptized.  But, they aren't married!  They have plans to get married, but what to get some "personal" matters in order first.  So, there is nothing we can do but wait and pray that things come together soon.  But, they will both be strong members once she can get baptized and start preparing to go to the temple.

We have made some progress with alot of the members and I feel like my companion and I are more "welcome" in the ward.  The members are inviting us over more, asking to leave with us, and showing more interest in how the missionary work is going.  We still haven't received alot of referrals, but I'm confident that things we really start to move along now that the members are a little more open to us and excited to do missionary work.  I might not see very many fruits of my labors, but I'll be happy if I can at least get some seeds planted.  I've found that is more what missionary work is; lots of planting and leaving the harvest for the next in line.

Well, things continue to move forward and life continues on.  Next week I'll enter the last full month of my mission.  I'm looking forward continue working with Elder Gothard and try to build up God's Kingdom here in Nagua.  Things are moving along and I hope that we can witness some miracles here and do our part in working in the vineyard.  I know this work is true.  Christ is the good Shepard and he invites all of us to come and participate.  He is our savior and redeemer.  I'm so very grateful for this chance to be a missionary.  I love the work and I'm grateful for what I've seen and done.  En el nombre de Jesucristo, Amen.

Have an excellent week everyone!  Que vaya con Dios.

Con mucho amor,
Elder Jensen.

No comments:

Post a Comment