Saturday, February 22, 2014

It's the final countdown...

Hola Everyone!

Well this is it!  I just entered into the last transfer of my mission.  I can't believe how quickly it's rolling to an end.  One of my good friends finished up the mission today; and it's weird to think that I'll be in that position in a few short weeks.  But, I'm glad I still have a little bit more time to try and make a difference.

Well, not much has really happened this past week.  We've had several changes in our district, but nothing changed with the missionaries in our house.  2 elders were transferred and 1 sister was as well.  It should be exciting to see what this changes can bring.  But, things are still moving along for us in Nagua 1; Elder Henriquez, Elder Morgan, Elder Gothard, and me.

These past 7 days for us were some very trying days.  All of our appointments seemed to fail, nobody came to church, and the members haven't been too enthusiastic about helping us.  Where ever we went, nothing seemed to happen.  Juan entered into the University so we haven't seen him for over a week and some how we just can't seem to find him.  It took a lot of patience and diligence for my companion and I to keep on swimming last week...

The good news is, is that this week has started off alot better.  Almost all of our appointments have been kept, and alot of less-actives are getting excited to attend church on Sunday.  We've found some less-actives to teach, but we're still struggling on new investigators.  I really what to baptize a couple more people before I come home, so I'm really praying and hoping that we find some people this week.

So things are moving forward.  We're trying our best to help this little ward become strong and thriving.  It's taking alot of work and patience, but I trust that Heavenly Father is preparing the people to do their part.  This is the lord's work.  He is in control and I know that he has many blessing in store for the people in Nagua.  I'm grateful that I can serve the people here and I'm grateful to be a missionary.  The church is true, and god wants us to be happy!  Christ lives and he loves each and every one of us.  I hope that we can all remember that!  En el nombre de Jesucristo, Amen.

Have an excellent Valentine's Day everyone!  Que vaya con bien.

Con mucho amor,
Elder Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment