Thursday, March 7, 2013

Hola...

Hola Everyone!

This past week has been a really normal week.  I feel like Fantino is starting to really progress and we're seeing some progress.  Also, it seems that as I focus on building the Kingdom of God, he seems to be building me.  I'm so very grateful for the opportunity to serve a mission.

My area is going really well, and I feel like I'm finding the rhythm of things here.  We have 2 banks, and 2 kind of Convince Stores to choose from.  There are enough services to survive, but it reminds me alot of Corinne.  Lots of fields, and not very much to do.  The branch really seems to be improving!  In just 2 weeks the attendance has increased by 20 people. The leaders have alot of desire to work and we are receiving quite a few references.  Members who are inactive are starting to back, and things just seem to be moving right along right now.  Yep, Fantino is definitely interesting.

So, we have 4 really good progressing investigators.  One, is a family with a small infant.  The husband's name is Bladimir and his wife's name is Veralis.  They have a baptism date for this Saturday, so we've really been working hard with this couple.  They still need to get married tomorrow, and have to learn several more commandments, but they have a testimony of the church and are very, very excited for their baptism on Saturday!  I will say, it's been very stressful for me since we still have so much to do, and the Branch President is pushing us alot because this is the first baptism planned for almost a year.  So, for the leaders of the wards, don't pressure the missionaries; we have too much on our minds already.  But I'm looking forward to seeing what happens and how this young couple can continue to progress. I have a feeling we'll be praying very hard these next few days.

We also are teaching a young sister named Livi.  She's a 27 year old, single adult.  I guess when the missionaries starting teaching her. she didn't have a lot of desire to participate and progress, but then it stating catching her interest.  Needless to say, she's progressing a ton now!  She always attends church, she is reading the Book of Mormon, and she has a firm Testimony of the gospel.  If something gets in the way of our visits, she always calls before and asks if we can re-schedule for another day.  Yep, she is a very strong, responsible, progressing investigator.

We have a few other investigators, who are kind of progressing as well.  We've also been trying to concentrate on the less actives of the branch because that has turned into the new mission goal.  Focus on helping the lost sheep return and strengthen the fold of God!  The work is progressing well, and I love being a missionary!  I know that missionary work is very important and I'm grateful for this opportunity to serve a mission for Heavenly Father.  The church is true and the work will keep increasing!  I know that Christ lives, and that Jesus is the Christ!!  En el nombre de Jesucristo, Amen.

Love,
Elder Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment