Saturday, May 19, 2012

Hello again...

Hola Everyone!!
    How's life back in Utah? It was soooo good to hear from all of you on Sunday! It sounds like life is just trucking along! I hope Ashley's wedding goes through alright today! I wish you all the best at surviving the day!!
   Dad thanks for the picture of the temple!!  It looks so nice!!!  Sounds like planning commission is really heating up.  Who new of the excitement that could happen over something so small in the grand scheme of things.  Try not to make too many enemies, haha:)  By the way, I did make that purchase here in the DR, so not to worry.  However, I don't expect to make any purchases for the next 3 weeks, so be watching just in case.
    I really don't have a whole lot to say this week.  I seemed to have covered most it over the phone.  Just 2 or 3 things to mention back to my fans at home!  The Haitans left early Tuesday morning, so all day Tuesday and Wednesday, there was only the 10 of us from Provo.  However, these next couple days will be quite interesting!  We have 22 new Elders and 7 new Sisters arriving from different countries.  Most are from Peru, but on sister is coming from Spain.  Let's just say, the CCM will be really full!  
     On Tuesday morning we had were able to take a trip to the Market.  It was kind of like a Dominican Walmart.  It was quite different.  But it was so good to buy American candy and chips.  I found some Hershey's dips Cookies & Creme style for $5.  I figured if I can get American Chocolate for $5 I might as well buy 2 of them, haha.  I do enjoy my food!!  I also bought same necessary items like an Umbrella, wash clothes, chocolate, tie, oreos, did I mention chocolate?  Haha, it was pretty fun to get out and look like a bunch of little kids lost with no idea what to do.
     I know this church is true!  I know with all my heart that Jesus lives and is the savior of the world.  Through the Atonement of Jesus Christ, we can all be cleansed from sin.  The Atonement is so must more than that.  I testify that through the Atonement, we can all be made perfect throught Christ.  Not just with sin and afflictions, but with all aspects of our lives.  Christ can make weaknesses into strengths, imperfections into perfections, and help us become the people we need to become to enter into the Celestial Kingdom at the last day.  I know Joseph Smith was a prophet, and we currently have a prophet on the earth today, President Monson.  I know I've been called of God to serve the people of the Dominican Republic and help all to come unto Christ and enjoy the fullness of the gospel in this life.  I love you all so very much and I am truly grateful for all your prayers and support you have given.  In the name of our lord, savior, and redeemer, Jesus Christ, Amen.

Que vaya con Dios!!

Love Elder Jensen

P.S.  I attached some pictures of the CCM and the Temple.

No comments:

Post a Comment